- 1 Personalia
- 2 Projects
- 2.1 Apple ][ Slot connector symbol and footprints I designed for Kicad and Eagle
- 2.2 Apple ][ Multi Media Card (MMC) Mass Storage card
- 2.3 Apple Plotter pens replica
An Apple Enthousiast since 1983 when we first obtained a bare Apple II logic board for which we (me and my dad) created a custom case. At the top of my collection I had several Apple ]['s and ///'s, a whole bunch of interface cards, several ProFiles and meters of software. Unfortunately this has been given to others in the past.
Currently I have a few (obtained a few years back) IIgs's, 3 working //c's and a Macintosh Colour Classic.
Right now I am working at a school in The Netherlands as ICT Coordinator.
The Apple II is a renewed hobby of mine and I have set my self to the following projects
Apple ][ Slot connector symbol and footprints I designed for Kicad and Eagle
- I created these as I started my first projects with designing some boards for the Apple
Apple ][ Multi Media Card (MMC) Mass Storage card
- Board - Preliminary board design is done and a few bare boards have been ordered.
- CPLD - CPLD implementation is incomplete, I still lack some knowledge of VHDL to get some basic signals to work. The CPLD I use, is the Xilinx XC9572XL, as that is a 3.3V CPLD, but with 5V tolerant inputs.
- ROM - A basic ROM has been had working with a breadboard like environment.
My goal is to create an expansion card which uses the Multi Media Card SPI interface, based on the SPI65/B by André Fachat
(which in turn is a VHDL reimplementation of Daryl Rictor's 65SPI) as a (raw) mass storage device.
- In an effort to minimize the count of components, I opted to include the chip select logic for the EEPROM into CPLD, there should be some room left. For this I have to develop some simple (sub)entities for the VHDL project. I didn't get it right for now, but I have included some reference designs (made in Kicad). These still have to be (re)written in VHDL
Apple Plotter pens replica
- On hold
- At the moment this project has halted as I am trying to understand how to make "shell-like" models/objects this small using the 3D-printers we have at our school.