All works, projects, hardware, software, documentation, and their related tools, processes, parts, etc. (herein referred to as just "projects" or "works") from ReActiveMicro are copyright protected and all rights reserved.
"Business License" is a contract negotiated between ReActiveMicro and another party with the intent for resale and distribution of property owned by ReActiveMicro by other than ReActiveMicro. No parts of any project or property owned by ReActiveMicro, including but not limited to hardware and software, can be reused, resold, or distributed for profit without a signed agreement from ReActiveMicro explicitly stating permission. Rights are NOT transferable to other parties, terminate with the original contact, and are always returned in full to ReActiveMicro unless explicitly stated.
"Closed Source" is a project that has not been released in any form. These can also be licensed if negotiated and would be governed by a Business License.
"Open Source" follows the spirit of the GNU Affero General Public License v3 (GPL-3) for personal use, however it is more in line with the "Shared Source" for commercial use. Technically a "dual-license" definition applies and some parts differ between personal and commercial use. Use of any works, projects, hardware, software, or documentation from ReActiveMicro is subject to the following terms and conditions to which you agree:
- All works, projects, hardware, and software from ReActiveMicro are copyrighted and all rights reserved (1991-Current, or as defined by individually included copyright notices).
- Permission for PERSONAL research, use, copy, modification, etc., is hereby granted without fee.
- Any changes made are to be clearly documented and redistributed under this license. Any reasonable benefits or changes made MUST be released under this license and DO NOT remain private. ReActiveMicro will be directly notified of these changes and evaluate if these changes warrant to be distributed as an update to their own project. All rights to these changes will pass to ReActiveMicro in full unless otherwise negotiated and agreed to.
- User agrees not to distribute, sell, or reuse any code or directly corresponding knowledge/experience learned, in full or in part, for business purposes, MONETARY GAIN, or in order to compete with ReActiveMicro, in any related areas or similar projects, without first directly notifying ReActiveMicro and obtaining express written permission. Credit is appreciated for any indirectly corresponding knowledge/experience learned or reused.
- User agrees to assume all liability for use. ReActiveMicro makes no representations about the suitability for any purpose. Files and/or hardware are provided "AS-IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- User agrees to display the above copyright notice and this license notice in all copies of any works, projects, hardware, software, and any documentation. Full credit is to be stated and prominently displayed for parts owned by ReActiveMicro and reused.
- The spirit of the license is very clear: Please help improve things, learn the process, and share your work. Please don't sell our code, profit from it, or compete against us (without approval).
Simple English - What you can and cannot do: Software is under GPL Affero version 3, OR commercial license. Please send us any changes you make or you can buy a commercial license if you don't want to release your changes. You are not allowed to clone and sell this project to others without approval.
The concept and desire behind wanting to be Open Source: ReActiveMicro endeavors to share knowledge and work with the Community without the worry of others taking this information and using it against us to compete. We do not wish to compete with others, and in return we wish the same respect be given. We hope by being Open Source we can help spur on others to learn, improve our projects, and even create their own which ultimately benefits the Community. If these changes are impressive or unique in some way which adds value to a ReActiveMicro project then it is up to ReActiveMicro's discretion to offer rewards or incentives for work performed. We don't look to corner or dominate any markets, but hopefully create alliances and partnerships along the way for the benefit of the Community, and influence its growth and health long after we are gone. To have someone value our work enough to credit or reuse it is what we consider the ultimate sign of respect and homage, and in a way a "geek" form of immortality. And to these people I personally thank you. - Henry
NOTE: Any changes to this page are invalid unless made by the user who created this page.