Difference between revisions of "License"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[ReActiveMicro]] has two different license categories which are Software and Hardware. There are three general types of licensing for each category which are [[License#Business_License|Business]], [[License#Closed_Source|Closed Source]], [[License#
[[ReActiveMicro]] has two different license categories which are Software and Hardware. There are three general types of licensing for each category which are [[License#Business_License|Business]], [[License#Closed_Source|Closed Source]], [[License#|Open Source]].
Revision as of 18:26, 20 May 2017
All works, projects, hardware, and software from ReActiveMicro are copy written and all rights reserved.
"Business License" is a contract negotiated between ReActiveMicro and another party with the intent for resale and distribution by other than ReActiveMicro. No parts of any project or property owned by ReActiveMicro, including but not limited to hardware and software, can be reused, resold, or distributed for profit without a signed agreement from ReActiveMicro implicitly stating permission. Rights are NOT transferable to other parties, terminate with the original contact, and are returned in full to ReActiveMicro.
"Closed Source" is a project that has not been released in any form. These can also be licensed if negotiated and would be governed by a Business License.
"Open Source" follows the spirit of the GNU General Public License v3 (GPL-3). Use of any works, projects, and software from ReActiveMicro is subject to the following terms and conditions.
- All works, projects, and software from ReActiveMicro are copy written and all rights reserved (1991-Current, or as defined by individually included copyright notices).
- Permission for PERSONAL research, use, copy, modify, software and/or its documentation is hereby granted without fee.
- Any changes made are to be clearly documented and redistributed under this license. Any reasonable benefits or changes made MUST be released under this license and not remain private. ReActiveMicro will be directly notified of these changes and evaluate if these changes warrant to be distributed as an update. All rights to these changes will pass to ReActiveMicro in full unless otherwise negotiated.
- User agrees not to distribute, sell, or reuse any code or knowledge/experience learned for business purposes or for MONETARY GAIN without first notifying and obtaining permission from ReActiveMicro.
- User agrees to assume all liability for use. ReActiveMicro makes no representations about the suitability for any purpose. Files are provided "AS-IS" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- User agrees to display the above copyright notice and this license notice in all copies of any works, projects, software, and any documentation. Full credit is to be stated and prominently displayed for parts owned by ReActiveMicro and reused.
The concept behind being Open Source: ReActiveMicro endeavors to share knowledge and work with the Community without the worry of others taking this information and using it against us to compete. We do not wish to compete with others, and in return we wish the same respect be given. We hope by being Open Source we help spur on others to learn, improve our projects, and even create their own which ultimately benefits the Community. If these changes are impressive or unique in some way which adds value to a ReActiveMicro project then it is up to ReActiveMicro's discretion to offer rewards or incentives for work performed. We don't look to corner or dominate any markets, but hopefully create alliances and partnerships along the way to the benefit of the Community, and influence it's growth and health long after we are gone. To have someone value our work enough to credit or reuse it is what we consider the ultimate sign of respect and homage.