Apple IIe Enhancement Kit
The Apple IIe Enhancement Kit by ReActiveMicro is a reproduction of "The Apple IIe Enhancement Kit", Apple Part Number(PN): A2M2052. It allows the older Apple IIe systems to run the newer 65C02 software, and display MouseText.
The Kit is composed of 5 items:
- 65C02 CPU, 40 Pin DIP
- "CD" ROM, 28 Pin DIP, 27C64 Series ROM, Apple PN: 342-0304-A
- "EF" ROM, 28 Pin DIP, 27C64 Series ROM, Apple PN: 342-0303-A
- "Video" ROM, 24 Pin, 27C32 Series ROM, USA Text Version, Apple PN: 342-0265-A
- "Enhanced Sticker"
When Henry from ReActiveMicro first returned to the Apple II he found several systems obtained were Unenhanced. This cased several issues with testing and projects. After a little research Henry found that upgrade the IIe was quite simple, and created The Apple IIe Enhancement Kit for sale to the Apple II Community.
Later in 2015 Henry created the "Enhanced Sticker" for the Kit after several people had inquired about it. This sticker is a very close recreation to the original offered by Apple. It even has a small green colored window to show the IIe is powered on.
Major Benefits of the Enhancement Kit
The Enhancement Kit has four major benefits:
- Apple IIc compatibility: Users can take advantage of newer software developed for the Apple IIc.
- Product line consistency: Apple II software can be used interchangeably on both the Apple IIe and IIc.
- The MouseText character set makes it easy for developers to create software that uses pull-down menus, windows, and icons.
- Easier programming for users:
Note: There is a MouseText difference in the older IIe character set verses the newer IIc character set. The "F" and the "G" Mousetext characters are different. On the IIe they are used to make a "running man" character. On the IIc they are used for for menu system icon characters. It is advised to use the IIc version of the Video ROM for better compatibility, and is the version included with ReActiveMicro's version of the Enhancement Kit.
Video ROMs Options
Euro is differant size